A postgraduate student at Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design, actively involved in Dundee’s creative arts scene with a strong interest in writing and research.
· Leadership including representing my peers at the university’s Student Representative Council since 2016 and representing the university at events as a Student Ambassador
· Team Work including being a member of the Cooper Gallery’s student curatorial team since 2014 and working with local and national organisations and young people to co-curate V&A Dundee’s 3D Festival, the biggest cultural event in Scotland for the last 25 years
· Management including working as the Magdalen Magazine’s creative writing editor and Tay Production’s project manager within DUSA Media
· Communication includingtaking part in the schools tutoring programme where I completed over 30 hours of time teaching in a local primary school
· I was one of two students in the Perthshire region selected to take part in the Creative Scotland Place Partnership project with Perth Museum and Art Gallery, mentored by Hong Kong native artist, Fanny Lam Christie at her studio in Blairgowrie. I undertook a short residency at the Scottish Sculpture Workshop in Lumsden, Aberdeenshire in 2014/15.
· In 2018 I was awarded the Dundee Plus Award for outstanding graduate skills outside of university.
· On 8thMay 2018, I took part in Dundee Arts Café: Art and Design Stories – Made in Dundee at the McManus Galleries where I talked to an audience about my exhibition at the DJCAD undergraduate degree show.
· I am a member of the Society of Scottish artists, V&A Dundee Young People’s collective and Generator Projects art collective
· I have received professional industry training with Media Mentor with practical radio and television interview exercises in July 2018.
· I am currently studying Upper Intermediate level German through the Languages for All evening programme at Dundee University.
· I received the lead national press coverage for my work in the 2018 DJCAD undergraduate degree show including:
The Courier“Graduate’s Work Explores Life of Grandfather She Never Knew” 11thMay 2018 by Paul Malik
The University of Dundee“Degree Show Work a Family Affair for Dundee Student” 10thMay 2018 by Jonathan Watson
STV News Dundeeaired 17thMay 2018
Dundee University Review of the Arts (DURA)“Art and Philosophy” 22ndMay 2018 by Fiona Verran
The Scotsman “Art Review: Duncan of Jordanstone Degree Show 2018” 28thMay 2018 by Susan Mansfield
Evening Telegraph - Loving Life 6thJune 2018
Evening Telegraph - Dundee People 7thJune 2018 by David Burroughs
2014 I Made This (Darlington, England)
2014-15 Endangered Species (Perth, Scotland)
2016 Generator Projects Members Show Exhibition (Dundee, Scotland)
2017 Assemblage (Glasgow, Scotland)
2018 DJCAD Degree Show (Dundee, Scotland)
August 2018 – Present Tay Productions Social Media and Project
Dundee, Scotland Manager
July 2018 - Present Magdalen Magazine Creative Writing Editor
Creative writing section editor of the Magdalen Magazine.
April 2018 - Present Dundee Rep and Scottish Dance Theatre Ltd Visitor Services Assistant
· working primarily in the auditorium as an usher making sure all visitors receive the best experience possible.
· security and health and fire safety checks
· making sure the auditorium and public areas of the theatre remain clean and tidy.
· selling programmes before the show and during intervals along with light refreshments.
· ushering visitors to and from seats and enforcing the theatre’s rules and regulations.
· assist on events and tours including the annual season launch and working flexible hours accordingly.
September 2017 - Present V&A Dundee 3D Festival Co-curator
May 2018 – September 2018 Sanctuary Students Vacation Assistant
May 2017 – September 2017 Dundee, Scotland
May 2016 – September 2016
· deep cleaning student accommodation throughout the summer based at the Heathfield site at the Dundee University campus.
· manual handling and housekeeping, working at other locations to meet the company’s needs
· maintaining flexibility and working to a busy schedule.
· daily administrative tasks
· maintaining the highest standards of security and showing consideration towards residence whilst undertaking housekeeping duties to the best of my ability.
· Handling personal information with strict confidentiality
April 2016 – present Cooper Gallery, DJCAD Curatorial Team
I worked in a small group of invigilators for a four-week exhibition by Paris based artist duo, HeHe, called Whenthe future was about fracking, curated by Rob La Frenais, the role involved, promoting the upcoming exhibition by social media and word of mouth, researching the topic of fracking and using my knowledge and enthusiasm to engage with members of the public through the duration of the exhibition. As well as this, I had to maintain high levels of vigilance ensuring the public’s safety whilst viewing the exhibition and also to open and close the exhibition each day and carry out frequent spot checks of the exhibition space and electrical equipment to guarantee safe and efficient running of the installation. As well as that, I have worked installing the art for Tales from Europe by Cullinan Richards and installing and invigilating of Other Spaces: Where Does Gesture Become Event?At the Cooper Gallery. Shadow days, Laura screening
October 2016 Neon Digital Arts Festival Curatorial Assistant
June 2016 Cupar Arts Festival Festival Assistant
May 2017 Dundee Design Festival Steward
2015 (Seasonal) Lightwater Valley Theme Park Retail Assistant
2013 (Seasonal) North Stainley, North Yorkshire Catering Assistant
· sales and cash-handling including souvenirs and gifts as well as ride photographs and confectionary
· maintaining a neat and tidy appearance in outlets
· ordering, rotating and replenishing stock.
· assist the manager cashing up other tills on the park.
· flexibility to work various park opening hours
· Food and drink handling
· Working as a team and independently in busy conditions
2014 Mackenzie Thorpe Arthaus Gallery Gallery Assistant
Richmond, North Yorkshire
· preserve the art work of Mackenzie Thorpe
· sell art works up to £16,000.
· cash handling and the general running of the gallery and gift shop.
· meetings with clients, held on a regular basis for a brief contextual summery of a particular painting and/or sculpture.
· the changeover of art works is also required depending on the season.
· wrapping and packing
2011 – 2013 Peacocks Retail Sales Assistant
Catterick Garrison, North Yorkshire
Working as a retail sales assistant; my duties were to work on the till, handle cash, let customers know of any promotions and offers we have that day, stock replenishment, deliveries, making sure the store is clean, tidy and full at all times, customer enquiries, cleaning the shop floor at the end of each day. Fashion merchandising is very important in order to inform the customers of the latest fashion trends by displaying an outfit on one of the mannequins to promote new stock and boost ‘add-on’ sales.
July 2010 Eastern District Tailors Assistant Tailoress
Catterick, North Yorkshire
2010 – 2011 Catterick Caravans Outdoor Leisure World Café Assistant
Brompton-on-Swale, North Yorkshire
During my time as a cafe assistant; my duties included preparing and serving food and hot and cold drinks, cash handling, stock rotation and replenishment, cleaning up regularly, ordering stock and catering for busy caravan show events throughout the year. I absolutely understand the importance of working as a team during busy periods in order to ensure the customer leaves highly satisfied with the service they have received.
The University of Dundee (DJCAD)
MFA Art and Humanities
History: Documenting Dissent: Protest and Social Justice in the 20thCentury
2014 – 2018 The University of Dundee (DJCAD)
BA (Hons) Art and Philosophy
Philosophy: Existential Themes in Technology, Culture and Film, Aesthetics, The Philosophy of Work, and Understanding Media
Dissertation: Does the Notion of Explicitly Political Art in “Political Art and the Paradigm of Innovation” Effectively Challenge the Status Quo?
2011 – 2014 Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form BTEC Diploma in Foundation Studies in Art and Design
Darlington, County Durham
A Level Fine Art, Textiles, Modern History, Critical and Contextual Studies in Art and Design
AS Level German, General Studies
2009-2011 St Francis Xavier School,
Richmond, North Yorkshire 11 GCSEs including History and German
Available on request