· Leadership including representing my peers at the university’s Student Representative Council since 2016 and representing the university at events as a Student Ambassador
· Team Work including being a member of the Cooper Gallery’s student curatorial team since 2014 and working with local and national organisations and young people to co-curate V&A Dundee’s 3D Festival, the biggest cultural event in Scotland for the last 25 years
· Management including working as the Magdalen Magazine’s creative writing editor and Tay Production’s project manager within DUSA Media
· Communication includingtaking part in the schools tutoring programme where I will complete over 30 hours of time teaching in a local primary school
· I was one of two students in the Perthshire region selected to take part in the Creative Scotland Place Partnership project with Perth Museum and Art Gallery, mentored by Hong Kong native artist, Fanny Lam Christie at her studio in Blairgowrie. I undertook a short residency at the Scottish Sculpture Workshop in Lumsden, Aberdeenshire in 2014/15.
· In 2018 I was awarded the Dundee Plus Award for outstanding graduate skills outside of university.
· On 8thMay 2018, I took part in Dundee Arts Café: Art and Design Stories – Made in Dundee at the McManus Galleries where I talked to an audience about my exhibition at the DJCAD undergraduate degree show.
· I am a member of the Scottish Artists’ Union, V&A Dundee Young People’s collective.
· I have received professional industry training with Media Mentor with practical radio and television interview exercises in July 2018.
· I am currently studying Upper Intermediate level German through the Languages for All evening programme at Dundee University.
· I received the lead national press coverage for my work in the 2018 DJCAD undergraduate degree show including:
The Courier “Graduate’s Work Explores Life of Grandfather She Never Knew” 11th May 2018 by Paul Malik
The University of Dundee “Degree Show Work a Family Affair for Dundee Student” 10th May 2018 by Jonathan Watson
STV News Dundee aired 17thMay 2018
Dundee University Review of the Arts (DURA) “Art and Philosophy” 22nd May 2018 by Fiona Verran
The Scotsman “Art Review: Duncan of Jordanstone Degree Show 2018” 28th May 2018 by Susan Mansfield
Evening Telegraph - Loving Life 6th June 2018
Evening Telegraph - Dundee People 7th June 2018 by David Burroughs
Tay Productions tbc
2014 I Made This (QE College, Darlington, England)
2014-15 Endangered Species (Perth Museum and Art Gallery, Scotland)
2016 Generator Projects Members Show Exhibition (Dundee, Scotland)
2017 Assemblage (The Old Hairdressers, Glasgow, Scotland)
2018 DJCAD Degree Show (Dundee, Scotland)
2019 Postgraduate Conference(Dalhousie Building, Dundee, Scotland)
2019 DJCAD Masters Show
Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design, University of Dundee
Date Employer Position and Duties
August 2018 – Present Tay Productions Social Media and Project
Dundee, Scotland Manager
· planning and organising projects
· Securing and managing crew and equipment
· Successful completion of project objectives
· Attending monthly meetings
· Managing social media accounts
July 2018 - Present Magdalen Magazine Creative Writing Editor
· selecting articles and call-outs
· generating ideas for article content and design
· proof-reading, writing, re-writing, editing and research
· attending monthly editorial meetings
Creative writing section editor of the Magdalen Magazine.
April 2018 - Present Dundee Rep and Scottish Dance Theatre Ltd Visitor Services Assistant
· working primarily in the auditorium as an usher making sure all visitors receive the best experience possible.
· security and health and fire safety checks
· making sure the auditorium and public areas of the theatre remain clean and tidy.
· selling programmes before the show and during intervals along with light refreshments.
· ushering visitors to and from seats and enforcing the theatre’s rules and regulations.
· assist on events and tours including the annual season launch and working flexible hours accordingly.
September 2017 - Present V&A Dundee 3D Festival Co-curator
· attending weekly internal meetings
· visits to national events
· meeting with local organisations e.g. DC Thomson
· creating V&A Dundee’s public engagement workshops e.g. Designer Date and New Skills
· events management with DF Concerts
· media training
· co-curation and completion of a large public festival
April 2016 – present Cooper Gallery, DJCAD Curatorial Team
I worked in a small group of invigilators for a four-week exhibition by Paris based artist duo, HeHe,called Whenthe future was about fracking, curated by Rob La Frenais, the role involved, promoting the upcoming exhibition by social media and word of mouth, researching the topic of fracking and using my knowledge and enthusiasm to engage with members of the public through the duration of the exhibition. As well as this, I had to maintain high levels of vigilance ensuring the public’s safety whilst viewing the exhibition and also to open and close the exhibition each day and carry out frequent spot checks of the exhibition space and electrical equipment to guarantee safe and efficient running of the installation. As well as that, I have worked installing the art for Tales from Europe by Cullinan Richards and installing and invigilating of Other Spaces: Where Does Gesture Become Event?
October 2016 Neon Digital Arts Festival Curatorial Assistant
June 2016 Cupar Arts Festival Festival Assistant
May 2017 Dundee Design Festival Steward
2014 Mackenzie Thorpe Arthaus Gallery Art Consultant
Richmond, North Yorkshire
· preserve the art work of Mackenzie Thorpe
· sell art works up to £16,000.
· cash handling and the general running of the gallery and gift shop.
· meetings with clients, held on a regular basis for a brief contextual summery of a particular painting and/or sculpture.
· the changeover of art works is also required depending on the season.
· wrapping and packing
July 2010 Eastern District Tailors Assistant Tailoress
Catterick, North Yorkshire
Date Education Centre Qualifications Obtained
The University of Dundee (DJCAD)
MFA Art and Humanities
Fine Art: Studio Art for Interdisciplinary Practice, Advanced Practice, Realisation for Creative Practice
Humanities: Approaches to Literary and Visual Culture
History: History and Documentary
Film Studies: Practical Non-fiction Filmmaking
The University of Dundee (DJCAD)
BA (Hons) Art and Philosophy
Fine Art: Contemporary Practice,Independent Creative and Professional Practice, Honours Creative Practice
Philosophy: Existential Themes in Technology, Culture and Film, Aesthetics, The Philosophy of Work, Understanding Media
Dissertation: Does the Notion of Explicitly Political Art in “Political Art and the Paradigm of Innovation” Effectively Challenge the Status Quo?
2011–2014 Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form BTEC Diploma in Foundation Studies in Art and Design
Darlington, County Durham
A Level Fine Art, Textiles, Modern History, Critical and Contextual Studies in Art and Design
AS Level German, General Studies
2009-2011 St Francis Xavier School,
Richmond, North Yorkshire 11 GCSEs including Maths and English
Available on request